I have been using the Kantz Outdoors field kitchen and pantry boxes for over a year. Here is my impressions of them.
The boxes have held up well to our use. We Keep the pantry box in the back of the FJ where it is easy to access. It is the kitchen box that gets all the abuse being stored in the trailer. We are now using a cover for the box which is helping reduce wear. The boxes do have a few small dents but are holding up very well. We are not easy on gear so I give these boxes a big thumbs up.
Problems that I have found with the system:
- The caps on the legs tend to fall out over time.
- The stove supplied with the kitchen box does not turn down to a low setting. This is a common problem with camp stoves.
- The sealant on the plywood is starting to deteriorate. I am not surprised by this problem and a little sand paper and varnish would make for a quick fix.
- The original rubber mats had a bad off gassing problem. These mats are not available anymore.
What have I liked:
- The aluminum is very durable.
- The drawers in the kitchen and pantry boxes help with organization.
- Ease of setup is key for me. I can have the kitchen setup in a mater of minutes when we pull into camp.
- Stove is very hot a boils water quickly.
- Lack of paint. If the boxes were painted they would be showing lots of wear.
- The integrated legs help with quick setup.